For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thunder during the dry season? What's this!!

Last night we had an intense thunder storm. Keep in mind it is the dry season. It started to rain and I had no idea what was happening. It was sooo sooo windy and raining really hard. But then I thought it was just windy and some was watering their plants, because it's the dry season and NEVER rains! But then it kept going and thundered and I knew it was storming. Then the lightening came and the power went out. This was freaky. My family had gone to bed and it's only me on the first floor. Not gonna lie, I was a little bit scared. The wind was rattling the windows and then my curtains were moving...only slightly but any movement was more than enough. And to top it all off, my bed is right between two windows. It finally quieted down after about 30-45 min and I was able to go to sleep. I hope it doesn't storm too many times during the "dry" season. I have a feeling it will again tonight though... :/

1 comment:

  1. sounds intense. Did you ask your Thai mom about it in the a.m. Does it ever rain in (southern California...only kidding) the dry season?

    ReplyDelete