For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Monday, January 18, 2010

So much to tell...

I have so many stories to share... First of all I climbed a mountain... and this was no small hill.. it was a 14k hike. And by hike, I mean over logs, and straight up the side of this mountain. Then I had a two hour Thai massage. Then I went to Aj. Mike's for his birthday. Then of course there is my Thai family. They do speak English which is a relief. And first day of culture class and internships and so many stories. But for now, I am going to bed. Stories to come soon. I have loaded pictures though! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. oh my Mary Kate...thank you for IMing this a.m. I miss you lots. Glad to see pictures and hear a little bit about your family. Two younger brothers...ha ha. At least you can communicate a bit with them. Is their English better than your Thai? Love you. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're packing so much into your days and experiencing everything you can. Your time there will go quickly. I'm glad you're blogging, not only for us to read and help us keep in touch but also so you have a record of all the stuff you do and your reactions and feelings at the time. Take care. We love you!

    ReplyDelete