For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Friday, January 8, 2010

Greetings from Thailand!

Hello Everyone!
I am in THAILAND! We arrived this afternoon (it's Friday here). It was a long few flights. First up to Alaska, the on to Taipei, then to Bangkok and then finally onto Chiang Mai. But we're here now. And I figured out how to use the wireless internet in this fancy hotel we're staying at. I'll let you know the name of it in my next post. (I can't remember the name of it and I'm sitting in my bed, and too tired to get up and look at the name on the door). The trip was uneventful. A few delays. But we always made the connection. Apparently the trip from JFK to Taipei was supposed to take 19 1/2 hours, but we made it in 17 1/2... the pilot really booked it fast to make it there in time. We were delayed at JFK. A few funny stories to tell another time about some of this traveling. We arrived in Chiang Mai and were greeted by some CMU (Chiang Mai University) Students who gave us lays of jasper flowers! It was awesome.
I'm headed to bed now... at 8:15pm!! :) I'm exhausted. But tomorrow is elephant trekking and bamboo raft riding. Should be an adventurous day... and it's all starting at 5:30am!! AH! Good night world!!

3 comments:

  1. You may as well have fun before you start your studies. I'm sure you'll be taking pics of the elephant ride and raft riding. Be safe! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun on that elephant!!! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, you are all the way around the world and I can hear what you are doing. Have a great time and I have the volume turned up on the computer in case you call or skype. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete