For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Direct Quote from pg 106 of Thai Textbook

Each lesson in our Thai textbook has either some funny picture or strange dialogue. One particular section of it deals with describing a person. And within those descriptions are words to describe if you are married or single or divorced....etc. The dialogue is so funny in this chapter that I just had to post it here for you all to read.... And I quote translated from Thai to English for your reading pleasure:
"He is an American. He is 40 years old. He's already divorced and wants to marry a Thai."
And that is what we learn how to say in Thailand.

2 comments:

  1. oh dear...I hope you don't go around saying this. Maybe things don't translate exactly. Love that you posted this too. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things are going well for you, MK. Sounds like you are learning ll kinds of interesting things. We pray for you regularly. Miss you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete