For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Other Random Stuff

Last night was the farewell party. It was a huge party to thank everyone that has helped us in Chiang Mai so far. Our host families were all there, our internships, our professors, even our Rot-Dang drivers. This party was like a wedding reception with an MIA bride and groom. Seriously. It was huge. It was at a really nice resort at the lake side. And the music that was playing was hilarious. It was wedding reception music...I'm talking songs like "My Heart Will Go On".... It was so much fun. My host father had to work but he was able to make it at the very very very end so we could take a picture. It was so sweet of him to even come because he definitely didn't have to, but he did. It made me feel special.
I made a video of all the stuff we've done so far in Thailand and showed it. It got lots of compliments and I think it turned out well. Aj Mike is buying DVDs so I can make copies for everyone. I'm gonna try to upload it in pieces to youtube. It might be too big of a file to upload while I'm here because it would go so slow. But i'll try!

2 comments:

  1. how do I find it on YouTube? Love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haven't posted it on youtube yet. i'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete