For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Exciting News!

I just found out last night that my mom and brother will be coming to Thailand for a week at the end of the program and I'll get to show them where I've been living!! I'm soooo excited but really wish my dad could be coming too....I told him to make it a business trip and come sell textbook to Thailand!
Another piece of excitement is that Spring Break is just around the corner. We're still finalizing our plans but we know for sure that we are headed to Kho Chang. It's Elephant Island. It should be wonderfully relaxing. We're still working on a hotel and all that fun stuff, but we got train tickets to return to Chiang Mai after the beach. We are taking the Night Train from Bangkok to ChiangMai. We're gonna be in the sleeper car with a/c. I'm told it's an awesome experience. There are a bunch of us doing it so the sleeper car might be only us. :)
And...the farewell dinner is this Saturday night. That is gonna be a lot of fun. It's fancy and good food and just a huge party. So I'm working on a video of all the fun stuff we've done in Chiang Mai so far. So everyone is excited to see that! And I'm excited to see the final result too!!

2 comments:

  1. MK,
    Glad you're getting to do so many things in Thailand. I'm sure you'll be telling us stories for years to come. We miss you and love you and we pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to come see Thailand, and especially YOU!! And, I'm glad you are getting things planned out for your spring break. I wish I could see all your little Thai friends at Agape.

    ReplyDelete