For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Host Family Dinner

My host family took me out to dinner on Thursday night because it was the last time my host father would have off work while I was here and while my brothers were home because they left for the south today. Basically it was the last time the family would be together for dinner. So they took me to this cute little jungle restaurant. It was like the rainforest cafe Thailand style. It was fun and we even had dessert. I had a chocolate ice cream sundae!! So yummy!! Check out dropshots for the pictures of the bathroom there....it was crazy!! The sink had water coming out of a tree!

3 comments:

  1. nice of them to do that with you, honey. cool bathroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your happiness in Thailand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems a good blog, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete