For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Host Family

My host brothers left for my host mothers family today in Puket. So we went to the airport to see them off. My host mother will leave for vacation there at the end of this week after I leave and the my host father will leave a week later. The funny thing was that my host mother packed a cooler box full of meats and veggies to send down to her family. Apparently they don't have some of that stuff down south or it's more expensive. And coming home they will pack it was seafood. It just thought it was funny. Now I am an "only host child". Well see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. they took a cooler on the plane? Maybe we can bring seafood home...only kidding. Maybe you will get more conversation out of your host mom while she isn't running the boys all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe...the boys actually walked right through security without so much as a goodbye or wave to me. so they left without saying good bye. i see i made such an impact on them. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things sure are different in other parts of the world.

    ReplyDelete