For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Field Trips

Top of the mornin' to ya.....
and the rest of the day to yourself...
Right now I am in Ayuthaya, Thailand. And while it may not be morning here (it's actually almost tomorrow here already), it is morning somewhere where someone is reading this. So Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all!
We have been to some major cities the past few days and see so many things! Tomorrow we head to Bangkok (and incase there is any concern, we will not be in any of the parts where the political stuff is going on...and if things are not good, we will skip straight to the beach and not see Bangkok. but not to worry, we'll be fine! :) ) Anyway, after Bangkok we are headed on spring break. I'll be spending a little less than 1 week on the beach of the island of Ko Chang...also known as Elephant Island! It's gonna be WONDERFUL!! :)
I posted some pictures from the field trips so far on dropshots.com/mkinthailand
so check them out. And I'll post some more stories when I have time. It's GO GO GO here right now. But there are definitely some crazy stories to share...and some crazy stuff to share about before I left for the field trip...moving out of the family, etc. So anyway, check back soon for some great laughs! Haha. So until then...whenever that may be...Good night world! :)

1 comment:

  1. love you my Sugar Bear...and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you. This is the second one you've spent out of the country.

    ReplyDelete