For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Internship

Here's a quick update on my internship. I realized it's been a while since I've told you all about that.
It's going really well! This week we are teaching them parts of the body and singing the hokey pokey! It's lots of fun! Last week we did fruits and veggies. And each time we color a picture of some sort. This week they have a choice between Sleeping Beauty and a Power Ranger. They all cheer when we get out the coloring pages! I even did some coloring myself yesterday. I hung Sleeping Beauty in my room to make it a little more decorated.
There is an older lady at Agape, I think she is about 37 years old. And Melissa and I went to visit with her yesterday. We've done this a few times. We practice our Thai with her and just encourage her by being there and showing her some love. She told us yesterday that she gets to go home on Saturday. This is like her life dream right now! She is so excited! And for nearly the whole 45 minutes we talked to her this is all she could talk about! It was so exciting to see her this excited!

2 comments:

  1. I think this is what you like to do best...the Agape Home. And, I'm thankful that you can minister to this woman too. Go MAD (make a difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your internship is going well. We've been praying that it would. Love you!

    ReplyDelete