For the spring semester, I have given up the small town of Grantham, Pennsylvania, to live in an entirely different part of the world. THAILAND!! I have become a fully enrolled student at the Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, Thailand and will be exploring many different aspects of Thai culture! I'll be learning the Thai language, living with a Thai family, taking classes and interning at a local organization. I'm so excited!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Frog Hunting and more

I totally forgot to write about a few things last night...
Frog Hunting being one of them. Yes, Frog Hunting. I went frog hunting and actually touched a frog. Crazy, I know! We went out into a rice field late at night, it was pitch black out there, and we took flash lights. Then you shine the light around looking for a sparkling eye. Then the frog freezes and you run over and catch him. I saw the sparkle and found the frog. Another girl and I wouldn't pick him up though, so someone else came over. Then later after a little freaking out, I held a frog in my hand! I was pretty proud of my self. After you catch a frog you shove it into a water bottle. We (well maybe not we, other people, I was along for the fun of it) caught so many frogs!
The fun part of being in the villages was driving places. Aside from the insane dust that the trucks kicked up everywhere we went, it was fun. We'd either ride inside the rot-dang, or hanging on the back, or even on top. This was the funnest--riding on top. We'd sit where the luggage goes and we had such a great view of everything and it wasn't dusty up there either.
Our translators were absolutely amazing! They helped me do interviews and helped translate everything! Gra-die was also a Christian which was really cool. She converted from Buddhism to Christianity when she was 17. It was so cool to hear her story and to meet someone who once was a Buddhist but found more to life in Christianity!


No comments:

Post a Comment